VMAC Wins Business of the Year
VICTORIA – VMAC Global Technology Inc. of Nanaimo was named Business of the Year at the 20th Annual Grant Thornton LLP Vancouver Island Business Excellence Awards January 31 at the Westin Bear Mountain Resort.
Nickel Bros. House Moving of Nanaimo was named Small Business of the Year at the event, which featured 79 finalists competing in 17 categories in the annual celebration of the best of the best in Island business.
Grant Thornton LLP is the Title Sponsor of the Awards, and along with Gold Sponsor RBC Royal Bank and Business Examiner, which coordinated the event. Category sponsors included Coastal Community Credit Union, Invest Comox Valley and HeliJet, as well as Platinum Media Sponsor Black Press.
Category winners are:
- Automotive: Cowichan Auto Repair of Duncan.
- Beverage: White Sails Brewing of Nanaimo.
- Construction/ Development: Island West Coast Developments of Nanaimo.
- Entrepreneur Of The Year: Stonehouse Teas of Campbell River.
- Food & Food Production: Fatso Peanut Butter of Victoria.
- Technology: Abeego of Victoria.
- Health Care: Comfort Keepers of Victoria.
- Hospitality: Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa of the Comox Valley.
- Manufactured Wood Products: San Group of Port Alberni.
- Manufacturing: SCS Steel Container Systems of Nanaimo.
- Ocean Products: Cascadia Seaweed of Victoria and Port Alberni.
- Professional: R. Anderson & Associates of Port Alberni.
- Retail: Oui Jewelleryof Victoria.
- Tourism: Campbell River Whale Watching of Campbell River.
- Trades: BMT Group Services of Sidney.
The Official Booklet listing all of the Finalists can be viewed at: https://issuu.com/businessexaminer/docs/be_awards_book_2020
Read the next issues of the Business Examiner for more stories and photos about the event!