Published On: Friday, 24 November 2017
Winners Announced for 2017 EcoStar Awards
VICTORIA - Shining a spotlight on outstanding environmental achievements and leadership by businesses, organizations and individuals, the third annual EcoStar Awards took place on Thursday, November 16th, 2017.
The Gala was hosted by Synergy Sustainability Institute at the Inn at Laurel Point and had over 75 businesses in attendance, including representatives from the Pacific Rim, Cowichan Valley, Nanaimo, Parksville, and the Greater Victoria area.
The 2017 EcoStar Gold Sponsors were Patagonia and Tourism Victoria. Individual Awards were sponsored by The City of Victoria, Peter B. Gustavson School of Business – Centre for Social and Sustainable Innovation, Downtown Victoria Business Association, Sysco Victoria, Capital Regional District, Monk Office, Business Development Bank of Canada, Vancity, Greater Victoria Harbour Authority, and Autonomous Furniture.
The winners included:
- Greenest Office: Stephen Whipp Financial, Leede Jones Gable Inc.
- Technology Excellence: Pheasant Hill Homes Ltd.
- Maritime Industry: DP World
- Water Conservation: Victoria Golf Club
- Greenest Restaurant 25+ Employees: My Chosen Café
- Greenest Restaurant 1-25 Employees: Harvest Rd.
- Greenest Retail Store: Inspire Hair Design
- Social Impact: Animikii Inc.
- Experiential Tourism: Alderlea Farm and Cafe
- Food Security: LifeCycles Project Society
- Ecological Stewardship: Victoria Airport Authority
- Waste Management: BCHAZMAT Management
- Leadership in Design & Construction: Waymark Architecture
- Climate Action: Ocean Outfitters
- Lodging & Accommodation: Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort
- Transportation Mode-Shift: Kid Sister Ice Cream
- Manufacturing Excellence: The Very Good Butchers
- Eco-Preneur of the Year: Academy Dental
- Community Leadership: Pacific Industrial & Marine Ltd. & The Truffles Group.
Applications for the 2018 EcoStar Awards will open in June 2018, and tickets will be on sale in the late summer.