Published On: Friday, 17 May 2019
Victoria Chamber announces 2019 Business Awards winners
VICTORIA – The Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce is proud to announce the winners of May 17th's 2019 Greater Victoria Business Awards gala.
The winners distinguished themselves in many categories and many ways, including excellent customer service, sustainable business practices, young entrepreneurship and business leadership.
From start-ups to local legends, The Chamber’s 2019 Greater Victoria Business Awards showcase hard-working businesses, business people and community leaders in 14 categories worth celebrating.
Winners were chosen by an independent panel of prominent business leaders who served as judges.
“Tonight’s gala event was an amazing way for members of The Chamber to celebrate what has been an exceptional year for our organization and business in Greater Victoria,” Catherine Holt, CEO of the Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce, said. “This is the first time we’ve had a tie for an award, but our finalists for Business Leadership were both so amazing that the judges decided they should share the award. All of tonight’s winners and finalists embody a remarkable dedication to leadership and business excellence.”
Award winners include:
Business Leadership; sponsored by Coast Capital Savings
· WINNER: Chard Development Ltd.
· WINNER: Kinetic Construction
Innovation; sponsored by University of Victoria, Peter B. Gustavson School of Business
· WINNER: Wildplay Elements Park
Outstanding Customer Service; sponsored by Innov8 Digital Solutions Inc.
· WINNER: Wallace Driving School
· FINALIST: Connect Hearing
Sustainable Business Practices; sponsored by Camosun College
· WINNER: Iredale Architecture
· FINALIST: Clean Air Yard Care
New Business; sponsored by Peninsula Co-op
· WINNER: Fatso High Performance Peanut Butter
· FINALIST: Urban Bee Honey Farm
Business Person of the Year; sponsored by Deloitte Canada
· WINNER: Toni Desrosiers, Abeego
· FINALIST: Brian Henry, Ocean River Sports and Adventures
Young Entrepreneur of the Year; sponsored by Royal Roads University
· WINNER: Anton Ihl, E:Né Raw Food Sake Bar
· FINALIST: Tyler Glashutter, RE-LY Metal
Outstanding Workplace of the Year sponsored by Ralmax Group of Companies
· WINNER: Fernwood Coffee Company
· FINALIST: CHEK Media Group
Non-Profit of the Year; sponsored by Children’s Health Foundation of Vancouver Island
· WINNER: Victoria Women in Need Community Cooperative
· FINALIST: Broadmead Care
Business of the Year (1-10 Employees); sponsored by City of Victoria
· WINNER: Luv-A-Rug Services Inc.
· FINALIST: National Education Consulting Inc. (NECI)
Business of the Year (11-39 Employees); sponsored by TELUS Communications
· WINNER: AOT Technologies
· FINALIST: LIDA Homes Inc.
Business of the Year (40+ Employees); sponsored by Wilson’s Group of Companies
· WINNER: Berwick Retirement Communities
· FINALIST: The Root Cellar Village Green Grocer
Chamber Member of the Year; sponsored by Air Canada
· Rose Arsenault, Talentcor
Governors’ Lifetime Achievement Award; sponsored by The Times Colonist
· Gordy Dodd, Dodd's Furniture & Mattress