Announcing the new online leadership series: Leading in a Changed World for executives and founders.
VICTORIA – In partnership with Accelerate Okanagan and Western Economic Diversification Canada, VIATEC and Leadership Mentor Ian Chisolm from the Roy Group are introducing a highly interactive, four-part online series: Leading in a Changed World designed specifically for executive leadership teams and founders.
Due to the vast changes in the last six months, business leaders have been steering the ship in uncharted waters, forced to implement rapid changes to stay afloat in “the new normal”. This leadership series beginning September 30th, will help them navigate the next phase of the journey.
“These are unprecedented times for the modern workforce,” says Sarah Gulbrandsen, President & COO of RingPartner. “People are looking to their leaders for reassurance, guidance and honesty. Through this training, I hope to gain additional tools to better serve my team during this tricky time.”
By the end of the four weeks, participants can expect to:
- Understand the difference between simple, complicated, complex and chaotic systems, and learn the leadership approaches most effective within each
- Discover what the uniqueness of our times means for you as a leader and how the people you work with respond to change
- Learn how routine and new practices can lead to increased resilience even during uncertain circumstances
- Strengthen your understanding of skills and approaches, like GROW model coaching, to build confidence and competence in others
- Engage in leadership ‘drills’ to practice skills so they’re easily transferred to your work
To help make this program as accessible as possible, VIATEC is subsidizing the cost by 50 per cent.
“When we emerge from this crisis, the conversation will turn to those who stepped up: the leaders,” says Dan Gunn, CEO of VIATEC. “Our goal is to make the most of this time by not only filling any learning gaps, but using this as an opportunity to catapult our leaders’ development to the next level with practical, relevant skills. Although the tech community has been more robust than most during the COVID crisis, we know that some of the members who need this the most may be struggling.”
Roy Group Partner, Ian Chrisholm is a trusted advisor to the VIATEC community and has previously worked with VIATEC in the Leader’s Discipline. For graduates of the Leader’s Discipline, this series is a chance to apply learned skills to the unique challenges facing businesses today, and deepen their practice. For those new to Roy Group programs, it’s a practical introduction to skills that can be applied immediately.