MNP New Title Sponsor Of Annual Celebration Of The Best Of Vancouver Island Business
NANAIMO – Nominations are coming in fast and furious with the deadline for the 22nd Annual Vancouver Island Business Excellence Awards fast approaching.
MNP is the Title Sponsor for the celebration of business excellence for companies across Vancouver Island, which will be held January 26 at the Vancouver Island Conference Centre in Nanaimo.
“When presented with the opportunity to become the Title Sponsor, we thought this was an excellent chance to help celebrate the accomplishments of the businesses that operate in the same communities we are a part of,” says James Byrne, Regional Managing Partner, Vancouver Island for MNP. “We pride ourselves on being part of our communities and this is a great opportunity to connect with business leaders from across all of the Island’s major industries and congratulate them on their success.”
Gold Sponsors of the event are Coastal Community Credit Union, Nanaimo Airport, Edgewood (EHN Canada) and the Harris Auto Group. Category sponsors are Communication Connection, Canadian Western Bank, futurpreneur and Mid Island Co-op.
“We have a great lineup of sponsors for the BE Awards again this year, and we’re excited about the number and quality of the nominations that we’re seeing thus far,” says John MacDonald, Publisher of the Business Examiner News Group. “It always seems that the nominations are divided equally across the Island, and we expect that trend to continue. There are some truly outstanding companies doing business in our region.”
“We’ve collaborated with the Business Examiner for many years so this is a natural fit for us,” adds Peter van Dongen, Business Development Manager at MNP. “In addition to the regional focus of the BE Awards, we appreciate the fact there is a formal criteria and judging process involved in determining the winners.”
The BE Awards, which weren’t able to be held during the Covid pandemic, rotate locations each year. The 2022 event was held in Victoria.
An independent group of judges from across the Island will adjudicate the nominations and decide winners of 17 different categories.
- Automotive (car and truck dealers, mechanical and body repair, rentals)
- Construction & Development
- Entrepreneur of the Year
- Financial Services (Institutions, wealth management, group benefits)
- Green & Sustainability
- Food & Beverage Production (agriculture, seafood, food products)
- Health Care Services
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Manufactured Wood Products
- Industrial Manufacturer
- Professional Services (legal, accounting, insurance, coaching)
- Real Estate (offices, brokers, teams)
- Technology (software, innovation, etc)
- Retail Business of the Year (brick and mortar or e-commerce)
- Trades (HVAC, plumbing, electrical, roofing, etc.)
- Small Business (under 20 employees & under $1 million in sales)
- Business of the Year (over 50 employees & over $1 million in sales)
There is no cost to nominate a business, and organizations can self-nominate. Nomination forms are available at this link.
For further information, contact John MacDonald at email@example.com.