Published On: Wednesday, 07 February 2018
Bursaries Help Attendees at First Social Venture Bootcamp
VANCOUVER ISLAND - Business sponsored bursaries are helping innovators attend Vancouver Island's first Social Venture Bootcamp in mid-February.
At the bootcamp, registrants will work with educators to test the viability of their social enterprising idea, from concept to launch. Participants will leave the workshop with a solid plan for moving their idea forward for testing.
The following bursaries were provided by businesses and not-for-profit organizations:
- The United Way provided two bursaries for non-profit organizations with an idea for a social venture in Greater Victoria;
- Coastal Community Credit Union is offered two bursaries for businesses, non-profit organizations, or individuals with a social venture idea on Vancouver Island;
- Futurpreneur offered two bursaries for business owners or individuals under 40 with a social venture idea;
- Island Coastal Economic Trust provided two bursaries for non-profit organizations with ideas for a social venture located in central or north Vancouver Island or on the Sunshine Coast; and
- Vancouver Island University provided three bursaries for VIU students interested in developing their social venture idea.
Deadline for bursary applications was February 4 but the event is still open for registration. For more information, contact Carrie Chassels.
In partnership with SeCatalyst, Camosun College and the University of Victoria, Royal Roads will host the bootcamp from Feb. 15 to 18. Click here to learn more about the event and how to register.