Published On: Thursday, 18 May 2017
Alberni Valley Community Excellence Award Winners Announced
- Bill Collette is the Executive Director of the Alberni Valley Chamber of Commerce. To find out more about the organization, please contact him at email@example.com, or 250.724.6535.
PORT ALBERNI - The Alberni Valley Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce the Winners of this Year's Gala Event - The Community Excellence Awards held on Friday, April 21, 2017 at the Italian Hall.
The event was held in front of a Sold-Out Audience of more than 240 people from all over the Alberni Valley. Special guests beyond our 45 plus Finalists included: Mr. Gord Johns MP Courtenay/Alberni, Mr. Mike Ruttan - Mayor of Port Alberni, Mr. Hugh Braker - Councillor - Tseshaht First Nation, Ms. Jolleen Dick representing Hupacasath First Nation and a recent winner of the Top 20 Under 40 for Vancouver Island.
Also in attendance were: Mr. Terry Davis CEO Home Hardware Canada as featured Speaker, MLA Candidates including Mr. Scott Fraser - NDP incumbant, Mr. Darren DeLuca - Liberal Candidate, Ms. Alicia La Rue - Green Candidate. Ms. Sharie Minions city of Port Alberni Councillor was also in attendance.
Award Winners for the evening include:
- Portal Players Dramatic Society - Spirit of Music Award
- Port Posh Wash - Green Award
- Brakers Marine - Welcoming Workplace
- Sarah Thomas for her efforts in Cycling Initiatives for the Health and Wellness Award
- Ms. Terri Buse - Ambassador of Service Award
- KAL Tire - Overall Customer Service Award
- Totem Tree Service - Rising Star Award
- Denis/Toosha Houle, Houle Printing - Chamber Award
- Meals on Wheels - Volunteer of the Year Award
- Alberni Valley Drag Racing Association - Tourism/Hospitality Award
- The Blue Marlin Inn - Business Investment Award
- Jenna West, Samuel Tsai & Ethan Jack - Youth of the Year
- Don Ferster - Visionary Award
- Trends Design Team - Social Media Award
- Jan/Karen Lavertu, Westcoast Home Hardware - Special Recognition Award
- Mike Hudson, owner of Port Boat House - Business Excellence Award
- Mr. Jeff Cook - Port Alberni's Citizen of the Year.