KELOWNA – The 2023 Thompson Okanagan Commercial Building Awards Finalists have been announced!
40 projects will be competing for top honours at the 12th Annual event, which will be held Thursday, September 28th at the Coast Capri Hotel in Kelowna, with renowned radio personality Brad Karp as Master of Ceremonies. He is the Morning Show Host for K96.3 Kelowna’s Classic Rock & K97.5 Kamloops Classic Rock.
“We’re beyond excited to help celebrate and promote the top commercial real estate projects and developers across the region this year,” says John MacDonald, Publisher of the Business Examiner News Group, which has coordinated the event since its inception.
“The 2023 event marks the highest number of Finalist projects ever submitted. That speaks to both to the level of development happening across the region, and the value builders and developers receive from participation. We’re looking forward to a full house on the 28th!”
Eligible projects were completed between January 1, 2022, and December 31, 2022, and located in Kamloops, Salmon Arm, Vernon, Lumby, Lake Country, Kelowna, West Kelowna, Peachland, Summerland, Penticton, Oliver and Osoyoos, as well as the Regional Districts of Thompson Nicola, Columbia Shuswap, North Okanagan, Central Okanagan and South Okanagan-Similkameen.
Current sponsors for the event include: Financial Dream Solutions (SunLife), Green Sheet Construction Data, Pushor Mitchell LLP, RE/MAX Commercial, and TRS Building Envelope | TOMTAR Roofing & Sheet Metal, with more to be announced in the coming weeks.
The nomination deadline was August 18th. A group of independent judges from real estate related companies and organizations will adjudicate the entries prior to the event.
The finalists are:
- Kamloops (8): Elizabeth Fry Society Affordable Housing, Thompson Rivers University Early Childhood Education Centre, Norpac Construction Office, Newport Structures Office, 300-970 McMaster Way Office Building, Fairway 10, The View – Hillside
- Vernon (6): Vita Vernon, Noble Yoga, Silver Star Gateway Business Park, Vernon Search & Rescue, The Village at Okanagan Landing, The Crest
- Coldstream (2): Coldstream Station, Coldstream Community Centre and Child Care Facility
- Lake Country (1): Lake Country Fire Hall
- Kelowna (15): One Water Street, The Nest at Findlay, Hadgraft Wilson Place, Adams Road Industrial, Madora, Kelowna Toyota, The Hyundai & Genesis Dealership, Ace / Harmony, The Aurora, Starbucks Dilworth, Glenpark Row, Pacific Rim Equipment, Ledge on Lakeshore, KF Centre for Excellence, Evangel Family Manor
- West Kelowna (2): Powley Court, Apollo 1
- Penticton (3): Complete Storage Centre, 221 & 241 Nelson Avenue Multi-Family, Snpaʔx̌təntn Healing House
- Oliver (1): Oliver Dental Care, Specialty Kitchens & Countertops
- Osoyoos (1): AirWay Flats
- Spallumcheen (1): Westridge
Award categories include:
- Affordable Housing, Community Institutional, Tourism & Hospitality, Industrial, Multi-Family (Townhome + Condo), Purpose Built Rental, Office, Renovation, Retail, Mixed Use, Safety Award, Construction Company of the Year
There will also be a Judges’ Choice Award for the best overall entry.
Previous Judges Choice Winners of the event include: UBC Okanagan Nechako Commons, Kelowna Yacht Club, the Kelowna Police Services Building, 50th Parallel Estate Winery, and the Okanagan College Trades Building in Vernon.
Tickets to the awards are $249, and organizers expect this to sell out quickly. Tickets + Tables can be purchased here.
For information regarding sponsorship and the event, contact John MacDonald at 1.604.751.0819 or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.