Published On: Thursday, 13 April 2017
Finalists Announced for 2017 VIATEC Technology Awards
VICTORIA - The Victoria high-tech sector has announced the finalists for the 16th Annual VIATEC Technology Awards. Winners will be revealed at the gala on the evening of June 2nd at the Victoria Conference Centre.
The awards celebrate the achievements of technology companies responsible for making Greater Victoria the fastest growing technology region in BC, as well as the leaders, creators and innovators that have driven the local tech sector to over $3.15 billion in annual sales and Victoria’s largest private industry.
After sifting through an outstanding 141 nominations, 48 finalists (35 companies) have been selected for 12 award categories, and an additional 4 recipients were selected for some prestigious awards.
Over 60% of tickets have already sold to June 2nd’s gala which can hold 800 guests. The elaborate celebration is expected to sell out once again and promises to continue to raise the bar. Click here for ticket and sponsorship information.
The 2017 Finalists are:
- Technology Company of the Year (50+ employees): (Sponsored by: Farris, Vaughan, Wills & Murphy LLP)
- ACD Systems International Inc., Checkfront, Redlen Technologies Inc.
- Technology Company of the Year (11-49 employees): (Sponsored by: University of Victoria)
- KANO, Flytographer, Music Group Innovation Canada (TC Helicon), Pretio Interactive, SendtoNews
- Technology Company of the Year (1-10 employees): (Sponsorship available)
- Iris Dynamics Ltd., Momentum Dashboard, SilkStart
- Emerging Technology Company of the Year: (Sponsored by: KPMG LLP)
- FuturePay, LlamaZOO Interactive Inc., Telmediq
- Startup of the Year: (Sponsorship available)
- Clixxa, FreshWorks Studio, HYAS Infosec Inc., Pixel Cents, Purpose Social
- Product of the Year: (Sponsored by: RBC Commercial Financial Services)
- Redbrick’s "Shift", Telmediq’s "Telmediq Communication Hub", VRX Simulators’ "6-DOF Simulator"
- Innovative Excellence - Software or Service: (Sponsored by: Grant Thornton LLP)
- LlamaZOO Interactive Inc., SendtoNews, Suntracker Technologies Ltd, TrichAnalytics Inc.
- Innovative Excellence - Hardware: (Sponsored by: Grant Thornton LLP)
- Iris Dynamics Ltd., Ocean Networks Canada, Redlen Technologies Inc.
- Leader of the Year: (Sponsored by: Corporate Recruiters)
- Tim Collins, HP Advanced Solutions Inc., Nicole Smith, Flytographer, Scott Dewis, RaceRocks 3D, Kim Krenzler, RevenueWire
- Emerging Leader of the Year (New!): (Sponsored by: Abebooks.com)
- Jeremy Hoffman, Go2mobi, Eric Haight, KANO, Anita Pawluk, RaceRocks 3D, Hunter Macdonald, Tutela Technologies, Christina Seargeant, Workday
- Team of the Year: (Sponsored by: Thompson Cooper LLP)
- Atomic Crayon, Coast Capital Savings Innovation Centre, Codename Entertainment, RingPartner, Udutu Online Learning Solutions
- Employer of the Year: (Sponsored by: Megson FitzPatrick)
- Go2mobi, Pretio Interactive, Redbrick, RevenueWire Inc., Workday
- The Colin Lennox Award for Technology Champion: (Sponsored by: Reed Pope LLP)
- Scott Phillips, StarFish Medical
- VIATEC Member of the Year: (Sponsored by: Cox Taylor LLP)
- Community Involvement Award (New!): (Sponsored by: City of Victoria)
- Newcomer of the Year (New!): (Sponsorship available)
- Scott Lake
- Angel of the Year (New!): (Presented and selected by the Capital Investment Network)
- Rasool Rayani