Published On: Wednesday, 08 March 2017
Nominations Open for Nanaimo's Business Achievement Awards
- Kim Smythe is CEO of the Greater Nanaimo Chamber of Commerce. He can be reached at email@example.com.
NANAIMO - Nominations for the 17th annual Business Achievement Awards are open until March 17.
There are categories open for ‘best of the best’ nominations ranging from manufacturing and technology to retail, restaurants, youth initiatives, community service organizations and much more. The Chamber of Commerce Awards have established themselves as the mid-Island’s number one way to recognize business excellence.
Awards recognize and reward the efforts of your company and staff and they can also raise awareness of your brand in the following ways:
- Differentiation. As each business strives to stand out in an increasingly competitive marketplace, awards set a company apart from competitors and differentiates the quality of its achievements from others;
- Visibility. Awards can make you and your services more visible. They can attract new customers and investors by giving you an edge over your competitors;
- Validate. Awards speak volumes about your products and services and provide third party endorsement of your achievements. Being nominated or shortlisted for an award can be helpful because it places you at the forefront of your industry; and
- Testimonials. Being shortlisted or winning an award serves as testament to a company’s work ethic, dedication and unique specialty.
Considering the benefits and the positive impact awards can have on employees, customers and the company itself, it can be important to make submission for awards a critical part of your marketing strategy.
The Awards create pride of place and a little friendly competition among the business community. Surely, if you have a friend in business, in your neighbourhood or your network who deserves special recognition – let us know with a nomination!
Categories include: Tourism, Retail, Downtown Restaurant, Downtown Business, Professional Services, Hospitality, Arts & Culture, Community Service, Science, Technology, Construction, Arts & Culture, Customer Service and more.
Nominations are open to all businesses – Chamber members or not -- in the Greater Nanaimo area.
Then, the “who’s who” of the business community will celebrate with finalists and friends at an “Oscar Style” Awards Show & Party on May 4 in the Port Theatre. The evening comes complete with red carpets, paparazzi, jazz in the lobby, a big band on-stage and plenty of bubbly available!