Reading Time: 1 Minute
NANAIMO – Harbour Air Group was named Business of the Year at the packed 16th Annual Vancouver Island Business Exellence Awards Gala Thursday night at the Coast Bastion Hotel.
Harbour Air Group, with offices in Victoria and Nanaimo, is the largest all-seaplane company in the world with over 50 aircraft and subsidiaries Whistler Air, Westcoast Air and SaltSpring Air.
Gold Sponsors of the Awards were Hayes Stewart Little Chartered Professional Accountants, RBC Royal Bank, Air Canada and Coastal Community Credit Union. Category sponsors included Grieg Seafoods, CIBC, CTV, Thompson Cooper LLP, Helijet and Invest Comox Valley. Bruce Williams of CTV Vancouver Island served as Master of Ceremonies for the awards.
“Some truly amazing businesses were honoured at the awards, and deservedly so,” says Mark MacDonald of Business Examiner, which coordinated the event. “There are some very positive stories, and it’s astonishing to see the variety of ideas that have become successful businesses all across Vancouver Island.”
Other winners and their categories are:
- Small Business of the Year: Industry Hair and Body Care of Campbell River
- Accommodation Business of the Year: Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort & Conference Centre of Parksville
- Agriculture/Aquaculture Business of the Year: Hollie Wood Oysters of Fanny Bay
- Automotive Business of the Year: Associated Tire & Auto of Campbell River
- Construction/Development Business of the Year: Pheasant Hill Homes Ltd. of Nanaimo
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Cumberland Brewing Company of Cumberland
- Forestry/Wood Products Business of the Year: Canadian Bavarian Millwork & Lumber Ltd. of Chemainus
- Green Business of the Year: Oughtred Coffee & Tea Ltd. of Victoria
- Health Care Business of the Year: Victoria Eye of Victoria
- Hospitality/Tourism Business of the Year: Orca Spirit Adventures of Victoria
- Manufacturing Business of the Year: Revolution 3D Printers of Sidney
- Professional Business of the Year: Pacific Rim College of Victoria
- Real Estate Business of the Year: The Dave Team (Dave Koszegi) of Port Alberni
- Retail Business of the Year: Level 10 Eurospa of Courtenay
- Technology Business of the Year: StarFish Medical of Victoria
- Trades Business of the Year: York Machine of Campbell River
The Official Program of the event, featuring photos and articles about all 81 finalists in the Business Excellence Awards, is available on-line at www.issuu.com/2016BusinessExcellenceAwards.
– For further information, visit www.businessexaminer.ca.