Published On: Wednesday, 05 April 2017
Salmon Arm Chamber Elects New Board
- Corryn Grayston is the General Manager at the Salmon Arm Chamber of Commerce. She can be reached at 250.832.6247 or email@example.com.
SALMON ARM - On March 3, 2017 the Salmon Arm & District Chamber of Commerce hosted our AGM and we are extremely pleased to announce the election of the following individuals to the Board:
- President: Fiona Harris, Executive Director – Shuswap Hospital Foundation
- Vice-President: Susan Robinson, Owner - Sunrise Business Development
- Secretary/Treasurer: Colin Nobbs – Owner, Colin Nobbs, CPA
- Executive-at-Large: Mary-Lou McCausland - Owner, Write-On Mary-Lou McCausland.
- Stu Bradford – Owner, Barley Station Brewpub
- Doug MacMillan – Owner, Shuswap Wine Tours
- Brad DeMille – Owner, DeMille’s Farm Market
- Mark Thio – Senior Manager Branch Operations, Salmon Arm Savings & Credit Union
- Marg McMaster – Owner, ADAM Integrated Industries Inc.
- Joan Ragsdale – Dean, Okanagan College Salmon Arm Campus
- Tanya Langlois – Realtor, Remax Shuswap
- Jordan Ross.
The new board is excited to be working together to further strengthen and represent our membership and the business community. A membership survey was recently completed in order to assist in defining the direction for the Board over the course of the next few years.
● ● ●
Salmon Arm Art Gallery is pleased to present “Beginning of the Long Dash,” an exhibition featuring 15 artists from the North Okanagan/Shuswap in dialogue with iconic Canadian images, people and places.
Icons such as CBC Radio, maple syrup, Joni Mitchell, the Hudson’s Bay point blanket, the moose, the beaver and the toque all reside in our collective Canadian soul. Artists will be revisiting these iconic subjects, interpreting them in their media through the lens of 2017 - the year of Canada’s sesquicentennial.
The exhibition runs to April 22. Gallery hours are Tuesday to Saturday, 11am to 4pm, admission is by donation. In addition, the next “Artist Talks” series takes place on April 20 from 2pm to 4pm. Family Saturdays drop-in art making program for families with young children happens every Saturday from 11am to 3:30pm. For more information on Art Gallery programs, check out their Facebook page Salmon Arm Arts Centre, or visit salmonarmartscentre.ca.
● ● ●
The Chamber is pleased to host an All Candidates Forum for the upcoming BC provincial election on Monday, April 24, 2017. All community members are invited to join us at the Auditorium - Salmon Arm Savings & Credit Union from 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm. The Chamber is currently collecting electronic submissions of candidate questions which will be categorized and collated for the evening of the Forum. Go to www.sachamber.bc.ca to submit your question(s).
● ● ●
Check out Canoe Victory Hall Facebook page. Owners Ray and Tor Cooper are enthusiastically working on a terrific line-up of musical entertainment and dances for 2017. These dance nights are incredibly popular and tickets sell out in advance so reserve your tickets early!