Published On: Friday, 10 November 2017
Penticton Budget Consultation Begins November 15th
PENTICTON - Residents will have more time and more opportunities to talk about the budget this year. The City is expanding its community engagement efforts in support of the 2018-2022 Financial Plan to include three public events and nearly two weeks of time to review the draft plan before it is shared with Council.
Communication efforts started on Tuesday, November 7th with a preview of the proposed budget at the Council meeting. Peter Weeber, Chief Administrative Officer, introduced Council’s priorities and some of the budget highlights including the City’s plans to improve safety and enforcement, support growth and development, as well the need to increase taxes by approximately 3 per cent to address inflation and asset management.
The City has planned multiple opportunities for the community to learn more and speak to staff about the Council priorities, the 2018 budget, the five-year financial plan, the capital priorities as well as the proposed storm water utility. Key dates are as follows:
- Nov. 15: Shapeyourcitypenticton.ca
- Nov. 22: Business Night
- 4pm to 7pm @ the Penticton Trade & Convention Centre (PTCC)
- Members of the business community are invited to drop in to for a special preview of the plan and to attend a presentation at 5:30 pm.
- Nov. 23: Community Night
- 3pm to 7pm @ the PTCC
- Residents are invited to drop in to view the displays, share their feedback with staff and attend presentations at 3:30 pm and 5:30 pm.
- Nov. 25: Community Day – Family Fun with Par-T-Perfect!
- 10am to 1pm @ the PTCC
- Residents are invited to drop in to view the displays and share their feedback with staff. Par-T-Perfect will be on site to entertain the kids with Christmas crafts and activities.
- Nov. 28-30: Council Budget Presentations
- Held @ Penticton Council Chambers