Published On: Monday, 02 October 2017
Kelowna Police Services Building Wins Commercial Building Awards
KELOWNA – Kelowna Police Services Building was named the Judges’ Choice Best Overall winner at the 9th Annual Thompson Okanagan Kootenay Commercial Building Awards last night (Thursday, September 28) at Manteo Resort.
The downtown Kelowna building topped a field of a record 36 , and was also named the Award of Excellence winner in the Community Institutional category. Kasian was the Architect/Designer and Bird Construction was the Developer/General Contractor.
Gold Sponsors for the event were RE/MAX Commercial, MNP LLP and the Southern Interior Construction Association, Black Press was the Media Sponsor. Category sponsors include Woodworks BC, RBC Royal Bank, NAI Commercial Okanagan, Heimann & Sons Masonry Inc., NCA Commercial and Greensheet Construction Review.
Radio personality Tamara Joel of Kelowna’s EZ Rock was Master of Ceremonies for the sold-out event, which celebrated the best in commercial and industrial buildings completed prior to July 31, 2017 in the Thompson (Kamloops and Salmon Arm), Okanagan (Vernon to Osoyoos) and Kootenay (Nelson to Cranbrook and Golden) regions.
Last year’s Judges’ Choice Best Overall winner was the Okanagan College Trades Building in Kelowna.
Other Award of Excellence winners in their categories were:
- Idlewild Dam of Cranbrook. The City of Cranbrook was the owner, and Mackay Contracting and New Dawn Developments Ltd. were the General Contractors.
- Penticton Lakeside Resort Hotel. Owner/Developers are RPB Hotels, HDR/CEI Architecture Associates the Architect/Designer and Greyback Construction the General Contrator.
- Houle Electric of Kelowna, which designed and served as General Contractor for the project.
- Mixed Use:
- Pinnacle Professional Building of Castlegar. Willow Enewold and Chris Brien are the owners and designer, and Maida Custom Homesb was the Developer and General Contractor.
- Central Green of Kelowna. Owner is Ki-Low-Na Friendship Society, Patrick McCusker Architects the Architect/Designer and VanMar Constructors Ltd. the General Contractor.
- Okanagan Centre For Innovation of Kelowna. Meiklejohn Architects Inc. was the Architect, and General Contractor was Sawchuk Developments.
- SQM Research Centre of Vernon. SQM Group is the owner, Lund Architect Ltd. the Architect/Designer, and Heartwood Homes Ltd. the General Contractor.
- Kelowna Fruit Stand. GTA Architecture was the Architect/Designer, and Roger LeBlanc the General Contractor.
- Seniors’ Housing:
- The Residences at Orchards Walk of Kamloops. Owner is Valley Residences Limited Partnership, Architect/Designer Philip MacDonald Architect, and Orchards Walk Developments the Developer/General Contractor.
- Shopping Centres:
- Airport Village Shopping Centre of Kelowna. Owner/Developer is Mission Group, Urban Design Group Architects the Architect/Designer, and Norson Construction Ltd. the General Contractor.
- Wood Construction:
- Osoyoos Indian Band Administration Building of Oliver. Owner is Osoyoos Indian Band, Architect/Designer Womer and Associates and General Contractor Greyback Construction.
- Award of Merit (runners-up) winners were:
- Community Institutional: Bright From The Start Child Care of Penticton.
- Hospitality: Greata Ranch Winery of Peachland.
- Industrial: BCAA Vernon.
- Multi-Family: Epic Citihomes of Kelowna and The Heights of Vernon.
- Office: Foundry Kelowna.
- Renovation: 8th Generation Wine Shop of Summerland.
- Shopping Centres: Lakeview Village Shopping Centre of West Kelowna.
The Official Souvenir Program is available at the following link.
For further information, contact Mark MacDonald at email@example.com.