Published On: Monday, 20 November 2017
Accelerate Okanagan 2017 Board of Directors Announced
KELOWNA - At its annual general meeting on October 25th, Accelerate Okanagan elected three new members to the board of directors.
Sitting board members, Scot Speiser, Blair Forrest and Quinton Pullen remain members of the executive. Corie Griffiths, Blair Forest, Karen Hawes, and Quinton Pullen all renewed their 2 terms. Sitting board members that are continuing their term are Philip Barker, Peter Haubrick, Jason Kryski, and Scot Speiser.
The new board members bring diverse professional backgrounds and skills with each new member having a passion for innovation, technology, and growth of the Okanagan’s entrepreneurial spirit.
- Joshua Fraser, Founder and CEO at Data Nerds
- Joshua has over 10 years of digital advertising experience and is currently building Data Nerds in British Columbia, Canada. He was accepted into the illustrious Techstars Boulder program where he met Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson from Foundry group. After completion of the program, Foundry became the first US-based investors in Data Nerds and are working side by side the startup. Josh and the Data Nerds team have been through several Accelerate Okanagan programs and are deeply involved in the community while helping grow the tech sector in British Columbia.
- Michael Macaulay, Partner at Lawson Lundell LLP
- Michael practices in the areas of corporate, securities, and technology law. He has extensive experience working with entrepreneurs, emerging companies and venture capital funds in the technology, digital media, clean technology and life sciences sectors. Michael has advised numerous start-ups, emerging companies, angel investors and venture capital funds and devotes significant time to organizations in the BC start-up community, including Accelerate Okanagan, Innovation Island, i4C Innovation Centre and entrpreneurship@UBC.
- Philip Ashman, Regional Dean for the Central Okanagan at Okanagan College
- Phil Ashman joined Okanagan College in 2002 as a professor in the department of Network and Telecommunications Engineering Technologies. He holds a Master of Science in IT Network Infrastructure and Design as well as a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering. Prior to joining Okanagan College, Phil spent 8 years working in Information Technology at the University of Northern British Columbia in Prince George and the Health Sciences Centre in Winnipeg. Concurrent with his teaching responsibilities, he leads technology workshops, represented the college on the Board of Directors on the Okanagan Research and Innovation Centre, and spent three years as a Technical Lead with the Okanagan High-Speed Broadband Initiative.
For for information on the Accelerate Okananan Board of Directors, please visit the following link.